Friday, June 3, 2011

Thank you, angel!

There is much to say about memoir, about blogging, about a growing cadre of writers gracing me with their skills as I meet them in on-line classes, and in my email, all gifted inhabitants of cyberspace, a new and puzzling environment in which I am nudged to ever-expanding growth. I owe my presence at this site to a writer I have met only through her writing, that which reveals a penchant for putting me right there in her story, making me feel wet when she's on the water, and providing me with a big sniff of mustiness in a Maine cottage. Visit her blog at ISoldMyPearlsToDoIt. Did I mention her over-the-moon-high level of patience as she walks me through this? I'm of an age which remembers the wonders of the abacus, stumbling my way through meager computer skills on the backs of so many others who understand this world. I am so thankful!

I'm hoping to not just share my own experience writing my memoir, but to be an encouragement to hesitant writers, writers who have written nothing of the story they keep inside, would-be writers who only need a whistle and a nod to join up with this band of generous, sharing, gifted folks who tell the rest of us how, why and where to find homes for our work, even when we can't recognize it as valuable. And for those who hang back, fear the basic exposure of putting themselves down on paper, who don't know the exhilaration of self-discovery through the wonder of word sharing, if only for themselves.

Welcome to my new world!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words, and I'm so glad that you are now blogging! I look forward to reading your future posts.

    Happy writing!
    Lisa
    www.ISOLDMYPEARLSTODOIT.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Barbie! Welcome to the world of the virtual journal :) While I've been neglecting my own as of late, I can't wait to follow yours not to mention enjoying another 4 weeks with you as we work on (read struggle through) our essays together.

    ~ Megs :)

    ReplyDelete